|Senior HCL Notes and Domino Consultant - CASA, CAAD|
(Developer, Enterprise Architect, Administrator, Messaging / Application Migrator)
Objective: 1 - Develop Notes and Domino web workflow apps using Domino Technology including integration with other NoSQL and relational database systems. 2 - Install and administer a Notes and Domino global infrastructure including hardware, software, security, email, mobile, antivirus/antispam, replication, instant messaging, web conferencing, and middleware tools. 3 - Integrate (co-existence) or migrate Notes mail, Notes application, Domino web applications and Quickr content with Microsoft technology.
Skills: Notes and Domino with over 15 years experience in development, administration, architecture, messaging/application migration and project management
Platforms: Windows, Linux, AIX, IBM i (i5/OS, OS/400), macOS, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, UNIX, OS/2, DOS
9/13 - Present HCL BP NotesMail Services New York, NY
Senior HCL Domino Enterprise Architect – Administrator - Developer
• HCL BP NotesMail Products (New York, NY): Develop, maintain and enhance all products in the Notes and Domino Beacon Award nominated software suite called "CRUCIAL Notes Tools" including ACL Dominator, Print Merge Reporter, AttachZIP, Archive Mailbox Reverter, TOTAL Recall, Email Signature Manager, Mailbox Stationery Manager, Web Date Picker, H-Fax Voicemail Center, Financial Manager and iChiro Cloud.
• Learning Tree International (Herndon, VA): Consolidated multiple servers in the Americas and Europe to four 64-bit Domino 11.0.1 FP2 servers running on Win2008 R2, Win2012 and Win2016 including 2 of them running Notrix middleware server. Upgraded 2 Notrix servers from 6.4 to 7.0. Configured Notes ID Vault. Provided developer support and coding enhancements to several Notes apps.
• The Orchard (New York, NY): Upgraded 5 Domino servers from 9.0.1 FP10 to 10.0.1 FP4 in 2020, 11.0.1 FP1 in 2021, then 12.0.1 IF1 in 2022 running on 64-bit Win2012 R2 VM and 64-bit SLES 12 SP5 (Linux) including configuring Notes ID Vault on Domino Linux. Upgraded Oracle client from 11g full client to 19.9 Instant Client (including Basic and ODBC packages) on a 32-bit Domino 9.0.1 FP10 middleware server. The Replic-Action middleware software requires a 32-bit Domino server and since Domino 10 and higher no longer supports 32-bit it must remain on this version, otherwise, uninstall Domino and re-configure RA using Notes client DLL option, or migrate to a new middleware or custom solution.
• SECTRA (Shelton, CT): Analzyed and issued Domino health check and recommendations report for 32-bit Domnio 8.5.3FP1 mail server running on 64-bit RHEL 5 (Linux).
• LERA (New York, NY): Optimized LotusScript and Notes Formula code in a critical Notes application and customized mailbox design used by all employees to increase performance over the WAN from the Domino 8.5 server running on 32-bit Win2003 physical hardware located in NYC to their offices in China and India.
• Fair-Rite (Wallkill, NY): Upgraded 4 Domino servers from 9.0.1 FP2 to 9.0.1 FP8 running on IBM i V7R2 (Java 8) in both test and production. Upgraded Notes Traveler from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 on IBM i. Configured SHA-2 (256-bit) and TLS 1.2 encryption for Traveler and iNotes using a GoDaddy multiple website UCC/SAN SSL certificate. Disabled SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 connections to Domino. Upgraded 4 Domino servers from 8.5 to 9.0 running on IBM i V7R1 in both test and production environment including upgrading Sametime Entry 8.5 to Sametime Limitied Use 9.0 and installing Notes Traveler 9.0.1.
• Sony Music Entertainment (New York, NY): Migrated 2 Domino server to a new data center including upgrading them from 9.0 to 12.0.1 IF1 and installing Oracle 19.9 Instant Client (Basic and ODBC packages) for a Notes app which uses LScript LC LSX agents to sync data from Oracle. Upgraded 2 Domino servers from 7.0 to 9.0 running 32-bit Win2003 on physical hardware in NYC, then 7 months later migrated them to 64-bit Win2008 R2 VM in Virginia including installing Oracle 11g R2 admin client
• IBM BP NotesMail Services (New York, NY): Migrated a Domino 8.5 failover server running on 32-bit Win2000 physical hardware to 64-bit RHEL 6.6 (Linux) VM. Installed both 64-bit RHEL 6.6 (Linux) VM and 64-bit Domino 9.0. Configured new firewall with failover ISP and Domino failover server. Upgraded a Domino primary server from 8.5 to 9.0 running on 64-bit Win2008, then applied 9.0.1 Fix Pack 3 and upgraded GoDaddy SSL certificates to TLS SHA-2 using KYRTool and OpenSSL since not available in Server Certificate Administration Notes DB. Disabled SSL 3.0 connections to Domino.
4/11 - 9/13 Endurance Services Limited White Plains, NY
Senior IBM Domino Web Developer - Administrator
• Enhanced, coded and maintained critical Domino reinsurance web application and Domino Intranet web application. The Domino web application is coded primarily in Domino and a smaller percentage in .NET. The Domino web server interacts with Microsoft IIS and SQL servers installed on the same box including IBM WebSphere Plug-in for seamless password authentication. Enterprise Integrator for Domino (LEI) replicates the seed data from DB2 to SQL tables, then to Domino.
• Administered 25 Domino 8.5 servers (on Win2003 32-bit) including clustering and LEI middleware servers. Upgraded Domino servers from version 8.5 to 8.5.2 FP4. Upgraded IBM WebSphere Plug-in version on 6 Domino servers. Rebuilt Domino Domain Search (multi-database full text search) on 3 Domino servers.
• Enabled DAOS (attachment consolidation) and forced LZ1 attachment compression on 450 Notes archive server mailboxes to reclaim 550 GB disk space.
• Assisted with migrating 80 percent of the primary critical Domino web app and Quickr data to Microsoft technologies including Sharepoint and Microsoft CRM using Enterprise Integrator (EI) middleware data sync server, SQL and several custom coded programs.
• Installed and configured Microsoft Search Server 2010 Express (based on the search capabilities of SharePoint) as "proof of concept" (POC) to enable web crawling and search functionality on the Domino intranet web application.
05/10 - 4/11 Ziff Brothers Investments New York, NY
Senior IBM Domino Administrator- Developer - Messaging Migrator
• Administered, built and optimized architecture for 27 Domino 8/7 servers (on Win2003 32/64 bit, Win2008) including Messaging, Blackberry, Sametime, Passthru and Web servers in 5 global locations. Administered Tivoli Storage Manger (TSM 5.4) and Tivoli Data Protection for Domino (TDP 5.4) backup solution. Administered Symantec Mail Security 7.5 for Domino, Symantec Enterprise Vault 8.0.3 for Domino, Sherpa Software Mail Attender 6.4 for Domino, MayFlower SpamSentinel 7.5 for Domino, Cisco IronPort AsyncOS 7.0 for Email (C360, M160). Supported 2 Domino servers running as Partitioned servers (DPAR) on a single box.
• Assisted migrating 700 users to Exchange 2010 including messages, calendar, personal/shared contacts, Mail-In DB's & Resources and Shared calendars. The migration solution included Quest Notes Migrator for Exchange (QNM 4.3), Quest Coexistence Manager for Notes (CMN 2.7) and several custom coded migration scripts I developed.
• Planned post-migration Domino consolidation and upgrade of remaining Domino servers to version 8.5.2 FP1. IBM discontinues Domino 7.0.x technical support on April 30, 2011 due to end of life.
01/09 - 05/10 IBM BP NotesMail Services New York, NY
Senior IBM Domino Enterprise Architect – Administrator
• Upgraded 4 Domino servers from version 7.0.4 to 8.5 and Replic-Action from version 5.6 to 5.7 at RED Distribution (New York, NY) - subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment. The Domino Servers are running a critical B2B Domino web application including SMTP and Replic-Action.
• Upgraded all Domino servers from version 6 to 8.0.2 at REBNY – The Real Estate Board of New York (New York, NY). Automatically upgraded all users via Notes Smart Upgrade from version 6 to 7.0.4 using customized Notes MSI upgrade package residing on a network file server. Created the Notes MSI package using SUSetRunasWizard 7.0.4, WinZip 9.0 SR1, WinZip Self Extractor 2.2, and various batch files. Users' Notes data folders were automatically moved from their local hard drive to the network file server. SwiftFile Mail Assistant 3.0 included in the package. Upgraded and configured Notes on Citrix for remote access.
• Migrated existing POP3 mail server to Domino 8.0.2 and installed Domino Access for Outlook 8.0.2 (DAMO) for all Outlook users at Aderans USA (New York, NY) - subsidiary of Aderans.
• Migrated existing Outlook/Exchange 2003 environment to Domino 8.0.2 and installed Notes 8.0.2 for all users at AT&T Promotions (Delray Beach, FL) - AT&T solution provider.
• Upgraded Domino server from version 6 to 7.0.4 including all users from Notes/Domino version 6 to 7.0.3 at Travel Exchange (Stamford, CT). Upgraded Symantec Mail Security for Domino from version 5 to 7.5. Built new clustered Domino mail failover server which will be clustered between both of their offices.
• Developed and enhanced 3rd party Notes software for an IBM Silver Business Partner including a web date validation developer tool called Web Date Picker.
05/08 – 12/08 COTY Inc. New York, NY
Senior IBM Domino Developer - Administrator- Messaging Migrator
• Upgraded 40 Domino Servers across all global sites from R6.5 to R8.0.1 including migrating 90% of the servers to new hardware. The Domino servers included Hub, SMTP (Symantec Mail Security), Mail, Application, Quickr and Sametime servers.
• Migrated 6,000 global users from Notes R6.5.4 to R8.0.2 including 6 Notes client languages (English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Polish). The upgrade was automatically deployed via Notes Smart Upgrade using customized Notes MSI upgrade packages for each language residing on a network file server. I created the Notes MSI packages using InstallShield Tuner 6.0 for Notes, SUSetRunasWizard 8.0.2, WinZip 9.0 SR1, WinZip Self Extractor 2.2, and various batch files including a few batch files dynamically created by customized Notes R6.5 mail template code (Database Script). The Notes installation was relocated and standardized across the globe in the C:\Notes and C:\Notes\Data folder. SwiftFile Mail Assistant 4.0 and Quickr Connector included in the package.
• Engineered solution to migrate 800 mail users from Outlook/Exchange 2003 to Notes/Domino 8.0.1 using DUS (Domino Upgrade Services) via Domino Adminstrator 8.0.1 client. The solution was required for a newly acquired subsidiary company called Del Labs.
• Developed a Notes ID Management system to dynamically capture and store the last 3 revisions of a user’s Notes ID file to help assist password resets for 6,000 global users.
01/08 - 05/08 IBM BP NotesMail New York, NY
Senior IBM Domino Enterprise Architect - Administrator- Messaging Migrator
• Planned and migrated 150 mail users from Notes/Domino 7.0.3 to Outlook/Exchange 2007 using "Quest Notes Migrator for Exchange 4.1" for XL Capital (Stamford, CT) due to a merger with a Swiss Re division.
• Assisted Dell on a pre-sales managed services presentation for BASF (Singapore) to consolidate 50 Notes/Domino servers spread across the Asia region to a 2 server clustered environment. Presented Domino Server consolidation and cut-over approach to 15 BASF and Dell employees including mail/application server consolidation and server maintenance optimization.
• Upgraded servers and implemented antispam/antivirus solution for IBM BP NotesMail. Web, Mail, Application and Sametime Standard servers upgraded to Domino 8.0.2 including implementing Symantec Mail Security 5.0 for SMTP to offload server resources of Domino SMTP mail server.
• Performed a Domino server health check for Columbia Law School (New York, NY) including fixing issues related to email latency, spam, mailbox file size and archiving. Antispam solution consisted of (1) SpamAssasin flagging spam email and (2) mailbox agent (Before new mail arrives) automatically moving spam to Junk folder.
08/07 – 01/08 The Bank of New York Mellon West Paterson, NJ
Senior IBM Notes / Domino Developer – Middleware System Integrator
• Researched and designed a solution for the newly merged Bank of NY Mellon to integrate The Bank of NY financial stock transfer and dividend Notes application with Mellon Financial DB2 mainframe and CICS transactions which is used for their corporate clients. Technologies involved included Notes formula language, LotusScript, Microsoft HTTP post object, .NET Web Request, DB2 mainframe stored procedures and CICS mainframe transactions.
02/06 - 08/07 IBM BP NotesMail New York, NY
Senior IBM Domino Enterprise Architect - Administrator- Messaging Migrator - Developer
• Administered a multiple domain Notes/Domino infrastructure for 4,000 users at Sony Music Entertainment (New York, NY) and subsidiary RED Distribution . Architected a new internal and external mail routing path to increase security and maximize mail flow by decreasing hops. Planned and migrated Domino infrastructure to an external hosting company. Optimized the Domino architecture such as server connections, replication, clustering, mail routing, and spam / virus prevention. Maintained R4/R5/R6/R7 Domino mail and application servers running on Windows NT/2000/2003 and UNIX including operating system patch updates and service pack upgrades.
• Developed and enhanced 3rd party Notes software for an IBM Silver Business Partner including a messaging recall solution called TOTAL Recall, an attachment compression solution called AttachZIP and a fax/voice solution called H-Fax Voicemail Center.
• Planned and migrated 600 mail users at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum (Washington, DC) from Notes/Domino R6 to Outlook/Exchange 2003 using Quest Notes Migrator for Exchange (formerly Wingra Notes Migrator). Tested Microsoft Migration Wizard for Notes software. Developed Archive mailbox retration tool for Notes which migrates a user's local Notes mail archives stored on a local hard drive, network drive or removable media (Zip drive) into their Server mailbox in preparation for Exchange migration.
• Planned and migrated 75 users at Travel Exchange (Stamford, CT) from Notes/Domino R5 to R6 including networking/firewall configuration, implementing Symantec Mail Security for SMTP antivirus/antispam solution, and developing a travel agent application.
01/05 - 02/06 Sony Corporation New York, NY
Senior IBM Domino Enterprise Architect - Administrator- Messaging Migrator
• Assisted in Notes/Domino R5/R6 to Outlook/Exchange 2003 migration using 3rd party tool called Beros XitNotes to convert 2,000 users from Domino 6.0.2CF2 to Exchange 2003. SMTP connectivity was used as the co-existence mail solution during the migration. Each user's Notes mailbox was converted to a single PST file. After installing Outlook 2003 on each user's machine we copied the PST file to their hard drive and configured it as a local PST archive file. In case of user hard drive crash we still had a backup copy of the original PST archive. For some high profile users we copied the PST archive file to a network drive, so they could still access it remotely via VPN.
• Administered the Notes/Domino infrastructure for 3,500 Sony users based in New York including multiple Notes domains.
• Optimized the Domino architecture such as server connections, replication, clustering, internal / external email flow, and spam / virus prevention.
• Maintained R5/R6 Domino servers running on i5/OS, Solaris UNIX, and Windows operating systems. The Domino servers are running email, applications, Esker VSI-Fax, Sametime Instant Messaging & Web Conferencing, QuickPlace, and Replic-Action middleware. Symantec AntiVirus/Filtering for Domino is running on the servers for anti-virus defense.
07/03 - 01/05 Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Hawthorne, NY
Senior IBM Domino Enterprise Architect - Administrator- Messaging Migrator - Developer
• Planned and Implemented migration of 1,500 Users from Exchange 5.5/Outlook 98 to Notes / Domino R6 running on AS/400. Developed and implemented custom migration agents in conjunction with Binary Tree CMT migration Tool specifically for incoming Exchange emails from a Domain off-site routed via X400. Helped troubleshoot problems with Microsoft Email / Calendar Connector.
• Architected a Domino 6.0.2CF2 infrastructure from the ground level including 3 global sites. The pre-existing environment consisted of distributed Exchange Sites using Exchange 5.5 (SP3) each with individual domains dispersed among 6 remote locations and headquartered in New York. The Incoming/Outbound Internet mail routed via MIMEsweeper in both architectures. The new environment consisted of 3 centralized Domino Servers on a single corporate domain using a distributed administered messaging environment.
• The remote access solution offered Domino WebMail and iNotes WebMail via SSL Port 443 using a 512 bit RSA key, as well as, VPN Notes, Citrix Notes and Blackberry access. The 3 Domino Production servers were running the i5/OS v5r2 operating system with 3 DPAR's reserved for Mail, Applications, and Sametime IM. The Domino Mail Failover servers were running the Windows OS and configured to Cluster with the Production Mail servers. The Domino LEI middleware server and Domino Blackberry server were configured on the same Windows box since the expected Blackberry users was minimal. A T1 connection was used for internet bandwidth and a 128K or 256K frame relay network was used between global offices. WINS/DHCP existed on the network.
• Installed a Domino Blackberry Server and distributed Blackberry’s (model 7280) to the sales force. Managed accounts using Blackberry Server Management software as well as supported end user PIM cradle synchronization with Blackberry Desktop Manager. Supported EasySync Pro and Palm OS.
• Performed Domino Security Administration Client tasks such as Registering New Users, R6 Policy Management, Cluster Configuration, Archiving, Mail C&S (Resource Reservations, Free Time, Busy Time), Replication schedules, Monitoring/Configuring LEI Activities, Multi-ACL Security Management and iNotes R6 Configuration Settings. Performed Notes R6 client installation, End User Training, AS/400 Backups, Directory Assistance / Extended Directory Catalog configuration, Sametime Server Configuration/User Registration, Trend Micro ScanMail Anti-Virus for Domino configuration as well as familiarity with DPAR (Multiple Domino Partition Installation).
• Customized iNotes R6 mail template such as SentTo/CopyTo translation formulas and the LotusScript code in the Calendar Entry Owner Actions to accurately perform during co-existence when replying to migrated users. Incorporated some functionality of MS Outlook into the Notes template.
• Added Notes complex workflow functionality as a front end to existing MS Access applications using ODBC, DRC and LEI middleware tool technology. Created new Notes workflow applications and converted other existing MS Access applications to Notes with additional workflow functionality.
01/03 – 07/03 IVESCO New York, NY
Senior Notes / Domino Developer - Administrator
• Developed and enhanced shrink wrapped software products called Print Merge Reporter, ACL Dominator, and AttachZIP using Notes and Domino technology for IVESCO, an IBM Silver Business Partner since 1997. The software known as the RAPID Tools product family consists of Reporting, Administration, Printing and Development tools designed exclusively for Notes and Domino.
• Customized a Notes printing and reporting tool called Print Merge Reporter for Weil, Gotshal & Manges, one of the largest law firms in the world, which delivered a CRM mail merge solution for 2,500+ lawyers and secretaries dispersed globally. Provided WGM with both onsite and offsite support.
• Administered, maintained and installed Domino Servers running on both Windows NT and Windows 2000 platforms, and configured the servers to connect to clients on both the intranet and internet.
• Developed small to mid-level complexity workflow applications and document management systems using Lotus Workflow, Sametime, Quickplace and Domino.doc to expedite internal company processes such as customer relationship management, technical support help desk, storing customized customer software, and software versioning control. Modified iNotes Web Access for integration with a software product called Print Merge Reporter.
• Developed e-commerce shopping cart web site integrated with Verisign.com credit card gateway provider to allow customers to order IVESCO software real time using their credit card. Provided Technical Support for new and existing customers inquiring about the RAPID Tools product family.
• Delivered complete Enterprise Domino server solution for American Medical Link (Hillsborough, NJ) to support rapid application development, email, collaboration, and mobile users/devices. The solution included installing, architecting, administrating, and configuring mail and application server software/hardware including creating Notes mailboxes/ID’s and workstation installation/configuration.
• Developed and Administered a medical purchasing web application for American Medical Link using Domino technology which provides functionality for customer records, supplier records, quotes, RFQ's, purchase orders, quote log and invoices. The customers access the application using a public internet web site with secure login known as the personal portal for diagnostic services and information. The online help feature included real time chatting functionality using Sametime technology.
03/02 – 01/03 Bank of New York Teaneck, NJ
Senior Notes / Domino Developer
• Developed and engineered a complex automated credit approval workflow Notes application including multiple layers of Notes section security and document locking. Programming languages utilized included Lotuscript, Function Formulas and SQL. The application also extracted live customer data housed on a mainframe using Neon ShadowDirect and ODBC technology to kickoff CICS Transactions and retrieve data stored in DB2 tables.
01/99 – 3/02 Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi Jersey City, NJ
Senior Notes / Domino Developer - Administrator - Project Lead
• Involved with all aspects of Administration including troubleshooting problems such as mail and application database access issues, calendaring, AdminP, ACL Audits, replication and remotely managing servers at different locations using NetMeeting.
• Gathered specifications for several Domino web applications involving a full life cycle commitment such as high-level design (pseudo code, flowchart), low-level design (Notes/Web code), prototyping (Alpha/Beta testing), implementation (roll-out), maintenance, support, as well as creating illustrated detailed user manual documentation.
• Maintained and enhanced Domino.doc after developing a LotusScript migration engine which converted the existing Notes document management system based on the shipped Microsoft Office Library (R5.0) template to the Domino.doc system containing more functionality requested by auditors and the user base such authoring, review, approval, distribution and archiving.
07/98 - 01/99 McGraw-Hill S&P Platts New York, NY
Senior Notes / Domino Developer - Quality Assurance Manager
• Quality assurance and software build coordinator for Lotus Consulting, a division of Lotus Development Corporation, involving the implementation of a global application using technologies such as Domino, Java, Notes Pump, Oracle, and MS Internet Explorer.
• Administered Domino servers remotely at global locations using PC Anywhere.
• Worked with Daniel Schwarz, a key player in the Notes world, who was a member of the core Notes product development team at Iris Associates.
07/96 - 07/98 J.P. Morgan New York, NY
Senior Notes / Domino Developer
• Customized and supported Domino.doc for J.P. Morgan Securities Department. Championed the purchasing and installation of Domino.doc after performing comparative research with a rival document management product called Documentum.
• Multi department liason engaging in developer support, database quality assurance, and application troubleshooting in a global environment consisting of Notes, InterNotes, Domino, Infopump, and Notrix.
07/95 - 07/96 Royal Bank of Canada New York, NY
• Developed Transaction Request and RAF Factset Notes workflow application System utilizing DDE, ODBC/Datalens, C File Routine, and an Auto 123 Macro as the import engine to convert over 700 Historical Information Company Spreadsheets downloaded from the RAF Factset Information Provider directly into native Notes format without the use of OLE or Notes/FX which would contribute o large storage space, impractical for a global application of this nature. Engaged in On-Site Developer Support as well as smaller application development.
• Modified existing Notes Loan Tracking System for Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce to generate several reports using an optimized Notes Form population technique and redesigned forms for a tighter workflow using mail enabled features.
• Developed Loan Tracking System workflow application for Natwest Bank using Notes for the Structured Finance Department. The system allows users to enter track Transaction in Actions, Booked Transactions and associated information such as Billing Letters. Standard Reporting such as Amortization Schedules, Income, and outstandings are generated within Notes whereas chart reporting required the use of Visual Basic and Excel. Year-to-Date calculations such as Income, Projected Income, Draw Income, and Fee Income are updated daily using Notes Background Agents. This Notes Application also served as a verification for the IBS Mainframe data which will be imported into the system in the near future.
• Developed Notes workflow applications for the Capital Redevelopment project at the World Trade Center, a division of The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey to facilitate Engineering processes. These applications will help the Port Authority track and manage their one billion dollar capital redevelopment effort.
07/94 - 07/95 Standard Microsystems Hauppauge, NY
Notes Developer - Analyst
• Provided Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Tech Support, Quality Assurance and Finance with a PC based Sales Force Automation and Customer Service information Database System including illustrated documentation. Modified Sales Force Automation database to include Lead Tracking, Marketing Encyclopedia, Credit Information and Order Tracking and Customer Service database to include Help Desk with Knowledge Base, Customer Configuration, Bug Tracking, manufacturing Performance, Product Quality and Field Service Dispatch.
01/94 - 07/94 NYNEX New York, NY
Notes Developer - Analyst
• Developed a Customer Profile application with illustrated user guide manual that collected presented and distributed the summary of pertinent mainframe information, paper-based information that was difficult to keep updated and share across an individual office or the NYNEX regions, and the NYNEX Customers account subject matter expert's gained knowledge. The previous paper-based information was scanned and converted to editable text using OCR and Bitmap format to facilitate and expedite the data gathering and sharing process.
• Enabled Decision Support users quick, accurate and easy access to Customer information which aided in the Maintenance, Provisioning, Ordering, Billing, Customer Education, Account Management, Product Management, Surveillance and Marketing efforts of the NYNEX regions. Beta tested Notes ViP.
• Worked at the Boston office with Mark Ramos, a key player in the Notes world, who created ZMerge Notes data mapping tool (now included with HEI / LEI) and spamJam.
12/09 Binary Tree Training Workshop New York, NY
• Certification: “Move to Microsoft” Coexistence Solutions (Binary Tree CMT for Coexistence - CMT UNIV 303): Roll up your sleeves, pull back the hood, and get technical. This Class Curriculum includes virtual classroom presentations, virtual labs, written exam, the benefit of a Shadow/Mentor relationship, and finally, the opportunity to gain certification by way of the final exam. If owning service delivery revenues for CMT implementations is your goal, you’ll want to be first in line.
12/09 Binary Tree Training Workshop New York, NY
• Certification: “Move to Microsoft” Messaging Migration Solutions (CMT for Exchange - CMT UNIV 302): Roll up your sleeves, pull back the hood, and get technical. This Class Curriculum includes virtual classroom presentations, virtual labs, written exam, the benefit of a Shadow/Mentor relationship, and finally, the opportunity to gain certification by way of the final exam. If owning service delivery revenues for CMT implementations is your goal, you’ll want to be first in line.
10/09 Microsoft Training Workshop Islen, NJ
• Microsoft Online Services BPOS (Course Level 300 – Advanced): Depth guidance on co-existence and migration is at the core of this two day technical class. You’ll learn how to use the Active Directory Synchronization and the Transporter mail migration tool, how co-existence works, how to set customer expectations and you’ll be provided expert guidance on troubleshooting and implementation. In addition this course provides detailed discovery guidance to help identify issues to plan through before you migrate. Topics such as the difference between online and on premise services, bandwidth assessment, DNS settings, system limitations and capacities, and many others are discussed.
10/09 Binary Tree Training Workshop Islen, NJ
• Moving to the Cloud: The Migration Solutions Series for Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite Workshop # 1 Binary Tree (Course Levels 100, 200): Binary Tree’s Migrate to BPOS Day is designed to educate Microsoft partners on the approaches, methodology, and software for migrating customers from Notes to the Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite (BPOS). If you are serious about growing your migration practice, then this is a session you cannot afford to miss as Binary Tree has been involved in migrating over 200,000 users from Notes to BPOS, including customers like Blockbuster, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Ingersoll Rand, and many others. Binary Tree subject matter experts will relate their experiences, lessons learned, and best practices for migrating messaging and applications from Notes to Microsoft BPOS. The class will also give participants an in-depth understanding of the end-to-end software products and enablement services available to help partners to grow their migration practice. The class will cover topics including analyzing a Notes infrastructure in preparations for a migration, setting up messaging and application coexistence, email migration, template based application migration and complex application migrations.
10/09 Quest Software Training Workshop Islen, NJ
• Moving to the Cloud: The Migration Solutions Series for Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite Workshop #2 Quest (Course Level 100, 200): During this accelerated training session, senior architects from Quest Software will discuss the technical considerations of migrating to Microsoft’s Business Productivity Online Suite Standard and explain the differences between migrating to BPOS Standard vs. Exchange on-premises. Quest will then provide an in-depth demonstration of how Notes Migrator for Exchange can be used for an efficient, scalable migration to BPOS Standard. After attending this accelerated training, you will be able to identify BPOS Standard migration opportunities, articulate how Quest solutions can be used to migrate a customer to the cloud, deliver a technical sales presentation, demonstrate the Quest product and confidently scope an implementation.
08/96 Drake Authorized Testing Center New York, NY
• Notes Certified Developer (Notes Technical User, Application Development I & II)
01/94 New Horizons Computer Learning Centers New York, NY
• Completion of Notes Application Development I & II Courses
08/93 Hofstra University Hempstead, NY
• Master of Science (MSc) classes, Computer Science
12/93 State University of New York Albany, NY
• Bachelor of Computer Science (BCompSc)
05/91 Lehigh University Bethlehem, PA
• Bachelor of Computer Science (BSE CS) classes, Computer Engineering
07/97 – Present HCL Business Partner New York, NY
• Advanced: Consultant, Independent Software Vendor (ISV)
08/16 – Present Midwest Notes User Group (MWLUG) Midwestern states
01/94 – 04/09 Metro New York Notes User Group (MNYNUG) New York, NY
06/20 OpenNTF.org United Kingdom
• Fixed the code in OpenNTF Dolmio CMS Notes template so it works with HCL Domino 10.0.1 FP4 web server or higher. Dolmio is a basic content management system that allows documents created in Notes to be presented in the web browser based on the the Mollio CSS Template. It's aim is to provide a tool that will allow users with little experience in web design to create a visually impressive, dynamic, data-driven website. It requires knowledge of Notes administration to configure, but after that could be left to a power-user (with a little HTML knowledge) to manage.
01/03 Lotus Advisor Magazine San Diego, CA
• Lotus Advisor published Lance's technical article "Defeat the 255 Character Spreadsheet Cell View Export Limit" regarding exporting data from Notes Views even if a View column has over 10,000 characters using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Query and the NotesSQL ODBC driver. Since this article was published Lance developed automated tools to export all attachments in a Notes database to hard drive folders based on each record's unique ID (UNID), as well as, exporting all records to PDF format to maintain the cosmetic record appearance to the end user.
04/01 netConnect UK Groupware Magazine United Kingdom